If you saw this post on fast recipes, you may not have all the required ingredients to make one of those meals. (That's so annoying!) So here's where you may ask yourself, what's in your refrigerator?
(And, if you have a home-based business, food is especially important because you probably need to eat at home more than once a day. It definitely takes planning!)
Protein shakes are great in a pinch, but maybe you don't drink them (or you just ran out out of your supply).
Regardless, here's how to make a quick and healthy meal with the ingredients you have...
The Fridge Meal Formula:
(Expected Cook Time: Less than 30 mins)
Print The Fridge Meal Formula
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add 1 to 2 TBSP of fat of choice (e.g., avocado oil, grass-fed butter, ghee).
(I use this 12" Lodge cast iron skillet because it's large enough to accommodate one-pot meals like this one, it's chemical-free cookware and, in my opinion, makes food taste awesome! Btw, the link is an Amazon affiliate link -- I earn a small commission if you make a purchase using it, but I'm only recommending this product because it's one of my favorite kitchen tools and I believe you'll find it valuable too.)
- Optional: Add chopped onions to the pan and let it cook for about 3 minutes until translucent. Add chopped garlic and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add your choice of protein and season, as you prefer. If you're using raw meat, allow it to cook until almost done to your liking before continuing.
- Add your veggies and stir. (Be sure to finely chop/shred thicker veggies like carrots, broccoli, kale, etc. so they cook faster.)
- Pour in 0.5 to 1 cup of broth (or water), turn the heat down to medium-low, and let it all simmer together for about 15 minutes. (Set your timer now so you don't forget to come back!)
- Stir everything again, taste to make sure it's seasoned to your liking and enjoy!
* If you're following Keto or the Bulletproof Diet, you can also add a little MCT oil (Amazon affiliate link) to the top of your food for the extra healthy fat.
** For carnivores, the beef franks and sausages from US Wellness (affiliate link) are perfect for this impromptu meal because you can just chop and heat!
(By the way, The Fridge Meal Formula is one of my favorite ways to cook because it's a one-pot meal, which means no time-consuming clean up! 🙂 )
Get the FREE download:
The Eating Healthy Playbook for Busy Entrepreneurs
Strategies and resources to help fuel your body for peak productivity.
Buying Healthy Food Online
As an entrepreneur, I'm sure you know that eating well takes planning (just like business). This means keeping your fridge stocked with high-quality foods so you can make "The Fridge Meal Formula," have healthy snacks on hand and just be able to give yourself the fuel you need to perform well each day.
This article lists some of my favorite online retailers. These resources are my go-to suppliers for healthy fats, proteins, spices, bone broths and most everything else.
Want to save even more time? Don't cook!
This post has my go-to recommendations for organic meal delivery services. The companies serve many diets and support eating well by including organic veggies, grass-fed meats, wild-caught seafood and more. (Just heat and eat.)
CONTINUE READING THE EATING HEALTHY WITH A BUSY LIFESTYLE RESOURCE BOOK:
- YOU ARE HERE >> Chapter 1: What's In Your Refrigerator? Here's A Quick Meal Idea for Busy People
- Chapter 2: How To Find Organic Foods Online That Support Your Entrepreneur Diet
- Chapter 3: What To Cook This Week If You Don't Have A Lot Of Time, But Still Want To Eat At Home
- Chapter 4: 2 Kitchen Essentials That Make Life So Much Easier
- Chapter 5: 10 Healthy Grab and Go Snacks for Adults (No Fridge Required)
Get the free newsletter
Join The Creation Peak Tribe
Subscribe to get the FREE healthy eating playbook. Plus, get other well-being and mindset tips that support you in reaching your goals.